T & R Boote & Co.. Staffordshire England
Waterloo Pottery, Burslem. Staffordshire Potteries 1842 onwards
T & R Boote moved to the Waterloo Potteries, Burslem in 1850 and in the following year the Art Journal noted that the firm had alread attained considerable eminence as producers of fine earthenware. Ornamental ware was discontinued from about 1865, shortly after the firm had been granted a patent for “improvements in articles made from clay and other like plastic materials.” The Boote firm then concentrated entirely on carefully decorated ironstone china, the entire output of the factory being exported to the United States of America.
The only marks noted until 1865 have been “T&RB impressed or printed, or a Staffordshire knot containing the letters “B&Co”. Thereafter the mark was the royal coat-of-arms.
3 Blue and White English Spongeware soup bowls with thin red trim around lip and blue spongeware design
5 3/4″ wide x 3 1/2″ deep
Contact [email protected] with questions or comments